9.20.2007

Pony turns the OB Corner...

First things first: Champ has clicked into obedience! Seriously it feels like someone flipped the switch and now he just does that happy, pretty obedience effortlessly. He learned to do the sit out of motion in one session and has continued to do it perfectly. He's also doing the heel around the group very nicely. Next thing to perfect is the heeling on leash and off the whole routine. It's a long time! Of course all this obedience is only speedy on the field. I need to work on motivating him at the office. I am feeling confident about our trial in November. He will definitely pass the BH and best of all I won't be stressed about it! I'm really glad I didn't rush or push him in obedience.

Champ is also doing well in protection and terrible in tracking. I'm going back to basics in tracking and also reading up on it so I feel more confident in the training. Cruz was the decoy last night in protection and for some reason Champ is always more intense at less familiar decoys. So he performed very well and we left on a good note.

No comments: